Troy is a corporate, commercial and intellectual property lawyer with a particular focus on capital raisings, mergers and acquisitions and corporate advisory matters in the agriculture, technology, travel and healthcare industries.
During his time at Queensland’s largest law firm, Troy’s experience included:
- advising a Hong Kong multi-family office in relation to the restructure and acquisition of several Australian agricultural businesses;
- acting for a Brisbane based biotech company in the preparation and review of transaction documents for a cross-border seed capital investment;
- leading the due diligence for a large Queensland retirement provider’s acquisition of three retirement villages from receivers;
- providing intellectual property and trade mark advice to an ASX top 100 company, a leading Australian pharmacy retailer and a large mining equipment manufacturer;
- providing franchise advice to a large Australian marine company, a fast food retailer and a travel agency;
- advising a management and leadership organisation with its operational contracting requirements;
- providing intellectual property, data and regulatory advice to a local government in respect of its commercialisation activities for a disaster management platform; and
- drafting commercial agreements (including SaaS, IP and services agreements) and providing intellectual property advice to numerous start-ups.
Troy was also recently seconded to a large US-owned commercial vehicle and power generation supplier as Corporate Counsel and was responsible for negotiating distribution, supplier and procurement contracts, providing commercial, regulatory and Australian Consumer Law advice to senior and executive management, preparing franchise documents, and assisting with disputes.
Troy was educated at Griffith University where he graduated with a Bachelor of Laws (first class honours) and Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting) and was admitted as a solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland and the High Court of Australia in 2015.