Contracts form part of everyday life – from personal agreements to business transactions. Contractual disputes arise regularly and are often complex and misunderstood. Contractual disputes occur for many reasons such as:
- Breach of a contract term or non-performance
- Occurrence of an unforeseen event such that the contract cannot properly be performed
- Establishing agreed terms under an oral contract
- Proper operation of a contract where the contract is partly oral and partly written
- Unfair contract terms
- Unconscionable contracts such as those where there are issues with language or understanding.