Header Image

Personal Injury

Book Now
Book your free consultation Book your free consultation

Browse our Personal Injury services

Background Texture

Ramsden Personal Injury & Compensation Lawyers Gold Coast

Accidents and injuries can disrupt your life. They can lead to a painful and stressful and confusing time. When you are injured, you have a long journey ahead of you.

We aim to safely navigate you on your journey towards compensation. We aim to help you “get back on your feet”.


What makes us different from other law firms?

Easy to Understand

There is a lot of information we need to share with you on your claim journey. We try to provide you with info in communications that is easy to understand. This includes communicating through an App where you can track the progress of your claim.


Our lawyers are experienced insurance and personal injury lawyers. They will combine extensive legal experience with our App to champion your rights and keep you updated each step of the way.


We care about your story

Our lawyers are story tellers. They have creative skills. They are trained to think outside the box and be innovative. These skills, combined with legal experience, enable us to develop compelling arguments. We use words to make your story leap from the page. We don’t let the insurer think of you as “just another claimant” or “just another piece of paper”. We do not take a clinical approach to communicating your claim. We tell your story, so the insurer sees you as a real person, with a real problem.


Other firms require each lawyer to run a large number of claims. That makes you a little fish in their very big pond. This can result in your claim taking longer to settle. By keeping our file numbers low, it enables our team to be more accessible to you and to progress your claim quickly and carefully.


No Uplift

Many personal injury firms charge an “uplift” on their fees to increase the amount they can charge you (sometimes 25% more). We do not charge an uplift fee.

Independent expert opinion on fees

We have our fees assessed by external cost assessors who are experts in the assessment of legal fees. Therefore, when it comes time to settle your claim, you can have confidence that our fees are reasonable and in accordance with our cost agreement and the law. Other firms make the client pay the cost assessor’s bill (which can be up to 5.5% of the total fees). We do not pass this cost onto you.

Background Texture

How much can I sue for?

The Courts assess claims looking at the injured person’s specific circumstances. When considering how much to award an injured person, the court will consider if the defendant is responsible for the injury. If the court feels the other side is liable for the injury, the court will then calculate how much money should be awarded to compensate the injured person.

The factors that are considered include:

  • your age
  • the nature of the injury
  • how severely the injury impacts on your life
  • your employment history
  • whether you have lost work
  • If you might have difficulty working in the future
  • the treatment you have undergone
  • the treatment you might need in the future
  • the level of care and assistance provided to you
  • what assistance you have received from Medicare, Centrelink, WorkCover or Private Health insurers.

Generally speaking, a damages settlement includes amounts to compensate you for:

  • pain and suffering,
  • past economic loss,
  • loss of future earning capacity,
  • superannuation on your economic loss,
  • out of pocket expenses incurred and
  • future expenses to manage the impact of the injury
  • care and assistance costs.
Background Texture

In some claims, you can also claim a contribution from the other side towards your legal costs.

Our role is to gather the evidence to prove the loss and damage you have suffered and argue why the insurer should pay a fair amount for your loss.

Why do I need a lawyer? Can’t I run a claim myself?

You can run a claim yourself. But it can be hard to navigate the law and understand your rights without experience and knowledge of the law.

The insurers have experienced lawyers acting for them. The insurers are interested in profits. They don’t have to act in your best interests. They can act in their own best interests (which usually means keeping more money in their accounts). Therefore, if you don’t know the law then you risk the insurer’s taking advantage of your lack of legal knowledge. The offers made by the insurer may be low. The amount you ask for may not include all the damages you are entitled to.

If you don’t have your own lawyer, then how will you know if the amounts offered by the insurer are fair and reasonable?
Managing the legal process of a claim can also be a headache. It takes time to gather the evidence and construct arguments about your damages entitlements.

We provide access to justice by providing our legal services on a “No Win No Fee” basis. We can manage the process of a claim and ensure that your claim is argued robustly. You focus on getting better and your life back on track. We focus on making sure the best case is put forward. We gather the medical report and other evidence needed to present a strong case. This can mean the difference between a low offer and a fair settlement.

Background Texture

What does No Win No Fee mean?

Our No Win No Fee arrangement means that we do not charge legal fees unless we get a successful outcome for you. This could be a payment from the insurer or a judgment from the courts.

Gathering evidence can be an expensive exercise. To prove your case, you need to obtain expert evidence such as medico-legal reports, medical reports or engineers reports. Documents also need to obtain from various bodies (sometimes at a cost).

Having to pay for these outlays or expenses can often be a barrier to justice for injured people. This is where we can help. We pay the expenses along the way. We do not render a bill before your claim settles. Our invoice for our professional fees and the legal expenses is sent to you after the payout has been deposited into our trust account by the insurer.

This way, you can focus on getting better, instead of trying to find money to pay for the legal expertise to pursue your rights.

Other services you may be interested in

Do you have a question? We're here to help you find the answer.

Enquire Now

What Our Clients Say

"Anna, you’ve made this hard battle much easier for me because of the way you actually cared about what I was going through. Always very professional and patient. I'm really glad I’ve chosen you to fight the battle of my life and even gladder to say: WE WON! Thank you very much for everything."

- Gustavo Daresi

"Thank you Anna Stock. Amazing professionalism, attention to detail and compassion when working in the sensitive area of family law. I would highly recommend Ramsden Lawyers for any legal service."

- Mary Baker

"Excellent! Highly recommend. Received great service from Alice Drummond for family law. She was very helpful, informative and professional."

- Karen Murphy

"The professionalism from Cheryle Middleton was EXCELLENT. Made the whole property purchase paperwork a delight...not the stress filled minefield I was expecting. Clear, clever, succinct and a delight to deal with. Will definitely refer to all. Thanks Cheryle."

- Ellen Gregory

"After many years as a client with Ramsden Lawyers, our family find them very professional at what they do. All the staff are very friendly and are committed in their work."

- Adrian Zonneveld