Header Image

Visa Options

Book Now
Book your no obligation consultation Book your free consultation

Visa Options

If you are looking to live and work in Australia, provided that you meet the general requirements, you may be eligible to apply under one of the categories seen below. Read further or contact one of our visa lawyers today.


Work Visa

  • Temporary Work (skilled) Visa (subclass 457) * The Australian Government have announced that the 457 visa will be abolished by March 2018 and replaced with the Temporary Skill Shortage Visa
  • Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 186)
  • Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (subclass 187)
  • Skilled Regional (Provisional) Visa (subclass 489)
  • Temporary Graduate Visa (485)
  • Applications to become a Standard Business Sponsor. Australian employers who are looking to hire skilled workers from overseas can become an approved sponsor and nominate candidates to help address the skill shortage problem in their businesses. Ramsden Lawyers have a high level of expertise in the applicable law and regulation of business entities. We are able to apply this expertise in order to assist your business in all aspects of the requirements to become a standard business sponsor.

Partner/Family Visas

Family members of Australian citizens or permanent residents may be eligible under one of the family categories:
Onshore Partner Visa (subclass 820 and 801)
Offshore Partner Visa (subclass 309 and 100)
Prospective Marriage Visa (subclass 300)
Parent Visa (subclass 103)
Contributory Parent Visa (subclass 143)
Contributory Aged Parent Visa (subclass 864)
Carer Visa (Subclass 836)
Orphan Relative Visa (subclass 117)


Business and Investor Visas

Applicants who have an established business, genuinely intend to establish a reputable business in Australia (meeting specific requirements) or invest within Australia, may be eligible under one of the following categories:

  • Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) Visa (subclass 188)
  • Business Innovation and Investment (Permanent) Visa (subclass 888)
  • Business Talent visa (subclass 132)
  • Investor Retirement Visa (subclass 405)

Skilled Visas

If you are qualified, with relevant experience in an occupation currently on the relevant list of eligible occupations and have strong English skills, you may be eligible for skilled migration.

Skilled Independent Visa (subclass 189)
State Nominated Visa (subclass 190)
Distinguished Talent Visa (subclass 858)

Skills assessments. There is often a requirement for a formal skills assessment to be undertaken when applying for a skill visa application. We are able to assist you with preparing and lodging a skills assessment to the relevant assessing bodies ahead of your visa application.


Visa Issues, Cancellations and Refusals:

Ramsden Visa Lawyers are also able to assist in matters relating to review of immigration decisions, visa cancellations and character issues. If faced with any of these issues, it is important to get the correct advice at the earliest opportunity.

  • Visa refusals
  • Visa cancellations
  • Health issues
  • Character issues

The Migration and Refugee Division of the Administrative Appeals Tribunal reviews decisions made by officers of the Department of Immigration and Border Protection or the Department of Home Affairs to refuse or cancel visas.

Background Texture

Australian Citizenship and Resident Return Visas

Australian Citizenship

We can assist you through the application process to become an Australian Citizen. We will guide you through all of the information relevant to this application, from the eligibility criteria through to finalising your application. We are also able to advise you as to any factors which may effect your eligibility for citizenship and how you should address these factors moving forward with your application.

Resident Return Visa (subclass 155 and 157)

Only Australian citizens have an automatic right of entry to Australia. If you hold a permanent visa you have the right to remain in Australia indefinitely, however if you choose to travel outside Australia, you must ensure that you have authority to return. Generally a permanent visa will allow the holder to travel into Australia for up to five years from the date of grant.

This visa will allow you to maintain or regain your status as an Australian permanent resident.


Contact our team of Visa Lawyers today here or at 1300 749 709 for a free 30 minute consultation.

Services you may be interested in

Do you have a question? We're here to help you find the answer.

Enquire Now

What Our Clients Say

"After many years as a client with Ramsden Lawyers, our family find them very professional at what they do. All the staff are very friendly and are committed in their work."

- Adrian Z. | Gold Coast

"We highly recommend Ramsden Lawyers for all Litigation, Construction or Property Services. They have assisted our company in reviewing Multi Million Dollar Construction Contracts as well as navigate through legal discussions with ease, professionalism and execution. We look forward to continuing our professional relationship with the team at Ramsden for years to come."

- G. C. Projects | Gold Coast

"Their professionalism was EXCELLENT. Made the whole property purchase paperwork a delight...not the stress filled minefield I was expecting. Clear, clever, succinct and a delight to deal with. Will definitely refer to all. Thanks Ramsden."

- Ellen G. | Gold Coast

"Excellent! Highly recommend. Received great service from family law team. They were very helpful, informative and professional."

- Karen M. | Sydney

"Amazing professionalism, attention to detail and compassion when working in the sensitive area of family law. I would highly recommend Ramsden Lawyers for any legal service."

- Mary B. | Gold Coast

"Anna, you’ve made this hard battle much easier for me because of the way you actually cared about what I was going through. Always very professional and patient. I'm really glad I’ve chosen you to fight the battle of my life and even gladder to say: WE WON! Thank you very much for everything."

- Gustavo D. | Gold Coast